Thursday, June 4, 2009

the Garage Sale

I have always thought that a garage sale would be too much work. But in my frenzied obsession to declutter our house, a garage sale became quite alluring. David may scratch his head with this statement, but I really enjoyed working together as a family. The kids were well behaved and socialized well with our shoppers. I just felt a sense of accomplishment for our little family. I failed to mention, (heehehehee) that unfortunately I had to work Saturday, so my sister Mackenzie came over to help David with the kids and the sale. As far as garage sales are concerned, we were quite successful.
It seemed like shopping was ebb and flow, so I took pics during downtime. I love taking pictures outside, because, the majority of the time I don't have to use a flash.

Like almost all little boys, Joe loves to dig in the dirt. He looks for a specific type of rock, and collects a handful - then he calls them his "eggs". Then he becomes quite protective of them for the rest of the day.


This amber hued mirror, that had been hiding in one of our sheds, caught my eye. I liked the rosy hue it would cast in the reflection.




3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that last picture. Miss all you guys at work! I'm planning on doing a garage sale with Katie sometime this summer. Maybe August after we pass boards!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful.

Love,

Mom

josie said...

That last pic is gorgeous. You're such a sweet momma.