Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Afterparty

I always enjoy having people at the house. I love my family and friends. I love feeding people. I love that my house is actually clean prior to everyone's arrival. That being said, I love the quiet after everyone has left. Which brings me to the afterparty. After everyone left, I picked up the harmonica my Aunt Vonnie gifted to Joseph. David had been intermittently MIA during the opening of the presents, and was not aware of Joe's latest acquired musical instrument. Men are just big kids, I swear. Instead of putting him to bed, David sat on the stairs with Joseph and they took turns harmonizing with the harmonica. I probably snapped twenty pics - such an endearing moment. What a great gift! I never realized how beautiful a harmonica sounds, and I am glad I now know.
I love this picture with Joe's hands under his chin. It's as if he can hardly contain himself.
On a side note, sometimes when Joe is stressing me out. I will pick up the harmonica and blow a couple of notes, just to break up the temper tantrum, and the sound really is soothing and melodic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fave is the 2nd one with Joe's hands under his chin. I love harmonicas, they're not just for the "blues" now are they? Hah!