Monday, May 11, 2009

And Baby Makes Three

Look at what our dogs found out in the yard today. Initially, we thought it was one of our two owls, who was injured. But a closer look revealed a smaller size, lighter color and downy feather - our two owls have been busy. Better yet, it's a family. How stinkin' cute is that?
So as I am taking some pictures, (which most of these are David's by the way) David tells me to look up in the tree, that there's another one. How cool is that? So as I am looking up and trying to find her in the tree again, I start to focus, then I see the second owl in the tree (find the first owl, then look up and to slightly to the right). I started to get a little creeped out. It felt like Harry and the Hendersons, when the Hendersons take Harry back to the woods, and as Harry is walking into the forest, the Bigfoots (or Bigfeet) start to emerge from among the trees.

We are assuming the owl perched lower in the tree is the Mama. Here is a closer look at her, taking a closer look at us. She did not like us near her baby. Out of respect for motherhood, I kept a safe distance away and on the other side of the fence. Out of mannish curiousity, David did not...


and obtained baby's birth announcement photo. Welcome baby!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a cool new neighbor! Great pix!! A.Vonnie.

Katie said...

That is awesome. It also makes me want your camera! ~Katie

Anonymous said...

Those are some "National Geographic"esque pictures girl! Way cool!