Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hear my Plea! PLeaSe

No pictures, only a plea. I need suggestions. Working weekends is great for raising kids. I get to play a stay at home M-F, and still make a full time income working weekends. The only glitch, I am only allowed 2 weekends off a year. No more than two weekends, there is no leniency - you pay with your life. No kidding, I am very serious. Did you know there are 52 weekends in a year?

Anyway, the situation is: this coming weekend, I requested off in preparation for David's BIG kayak race. The kids and I were going to drive to St. Louis, the finish line, meet David and spend the weekend. Now, the race has been postponed due to flooding. Now, I have a precious weekend to spend time with my family. All four of us together for two whole days, and no where to go. My Mom has offered to watch the kids Saturday night, so that David and I can have a night to ourselves. What do I do? Where do I go? I need suggestions. I can't believe that I will have more than two hours to myself. The last time I had more than two unaccounted for hours, I baked a cheesecake. So watch out!

1 comment:

Katie Stangler said...

I relate to this dilemma more than you know. We just had 2 evenings this weekend while we trialed two possible nannies. 3 hrs each night and we did not know what to do. I am sad to tell you that tonight we walked around Target....really? We are pathetic. We did go to dinner and then made up for our sad appearance at Target with martinis on the patio at Sullivans Steakhouse. So, I am not the person to ask. Dinner and drinks is always good. Maybe you should have your mom keep them overnight and get a hotel room downtown and hit Power and Light for dinner. That would be a real grown up night. You won't have much time after baby girl comes :)