Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 26th

The day after Christmas has always beeen a strange and bittersweet day for me. I never know how to feel. I feel a sense of relief that the pressure to buy, buy, buy gifts for everyone you know is over, but I love Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, Christmas greenery, the bright red and splarkly golds and silver. I hate the thought of taking down my Christmas tree.
Today was a good day though. David, Joe and I opened our Christmas presents this morning, lounged around the house all day, took long afternoon naps, then went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Who doesn't love the breadsticks and endless salad? This pic is of our house after the snow finished falling. My photography does no justice to the lights on the bushes with the snow. But I took this pic because it so comforting to pull in the driveway on a wintry night. If the snow sticks around long enough we will try to make a snowman tomorrow.

1 comment:

Little Smiths said...

Wow! I love your cute house!!! Oh- and tell David the bathroom looks GREAT! See you tomorrow :)