Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Trucking Along

It's been a week and a half since the kidney stone episodes. I had been feeling pretty good, and went to work on Sunday, and had a easy assignment. But Monday I woke up and had left flank and pelvic pain comparable to the previous weekend. This time I was able to take a Zofran with some Percocet, and down a bunch of water, and the pain subsided over an hour.
Today I had a follow up ultrasound of my kidneys and the baby. The baby is growing as expected, and seemed to have a strong steady heartbeat. And apparently my kidneys, ureters, bladder etc. look fine and clear, and the ultrasound tech informed me that whatever I am going through "really isn't that big of a deal". What an infuriating and unreassuring answer. So I have concluded that all I can do is drink tons and tons of fluid, and hope for the best.
Right now Joe and I are watching Peter Pan, and I'm getting ready to make some Minestrone soup, which sounds good right now. Hoping to make a few calls and get a playgroup together on Thursday.

2 comments:

Little Smiths said...

Bummer- I've been wondering what was going on. Josie said she thought you were going to work Sunday. At least you're staying well hydrated! Good to know the baby is doing well too!! Not too much happening around here. I have to work Thursday, but have fun!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you're still alive!! I've been checking up on you, but hadn't seen anything new. I hope this is over with soon...I can't imagine being newly pregnant with a toddler and kidney stones...AAGH! Let me know about Thursday because I've been dying to get out of the house!