Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Eater

In the midst of my pumpkin cooking frenzy this morning, Joseph calls me outside to look at the leaf he found in the yard. I just thought this picture was funny.
The real reason I am posting is because I want to share my new favorite cooking or baking blog. Has anyone visited Joy the Baker?

I have always thought Kettle Korn was a big mystery and could only be eaten at carnivals, ball games and the City Market. Well, not any more my friends. Joy has shown me the way to homemade Kettle Korn and it is tried and true.
These here heavenly pumpkin spice pancakes are to die for. I finally made them this morning, and I was not disappointed. I even made two batches, which I usually do not do.
I don't know if she goes into homemade whip cream. Probably somewhere on her site, but I haven't found it. But just a quick tutorial for those of you who have never made it and want to give it a go.
Homemade whipping cream
1cup of heavy whipping cream
1-3tablespoons of white sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
Beat on a high speed with a whisking attachment for about 5 minutes, until stiff peaks start to form. Now, you can spice up your cream, add some vanilla extract, or I have used cinnamon, and I have used pupmkin pie spice. David really liked the pumpkin spice cream, but lately I have just opted for 1 tablespoon of sugar - just enough to lightly sweeten.
So check out Joy's blog. I think she'll have lots of holiday inspiration.

No comments: