Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Squeaky Knees and Squeaky Shoes

Still no pictures. David is holding the camera hostage. So, just ramblings. In two days, a little over 48 hours I will be in the midsts of running my first and last half-marathon. I am not sure my knees will be up for any more 13 mile challenges after this one. In fact, I conferenced with my knees tonight in a hot bath, and while they are not sore at this very moment, they are petrified of feeling petrified in the middle of the race. All joking and knee jerking aside, while I am nervous about knee pain during the race (it's more like a run for me, rather than a race), it feels so good to have set a goal over 3 months ago, busted my butt running and exercising, and to be on the verge of completion. Other than reproducing and carrying babies, it has been a long time since I have followed through with anything. And well, the babies, I really couldn't just quit in the middle.

Speaking of babies, my little Charlotte is walking. And, walking a lot. She loves it. She especially loves to wear her squeaky shoes. Josie, she fussed and cried at me tonight when I took them off. Hee-larious!

So, I am excited, just a wee bit scared. But hopefully my Friday night dinner/carb load at Garozzo's along with a glass or two or three of red wine will numb my wits and relax me. Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hope that it went well! Can't wait to hear how it went. Congrats on making it! BTW, we are also huge fans of the squeaky shoes. Liam and Gavin have both sported Wee Squeaks. Hope you are well! ~Katie