Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shatto

A brief, sob story about this post. Wednesday, I arose from a peaceful slumber (not really) at 0520. Highly unusual for a weekday, but so that I could run to Walmart, buy some of the weekly dry good stuff, shower, fix a filling breakfast, feed everyone, bathe Charlotte, dress everyone except David, and clean the kitchen all before 0900. So that later that afternoon, I could fix dinner and take the kids over to my dad's in hopes of going to a baby shower/dinner.

As we are about 8 minutes out from our house, I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. Oh yeah, except I forgot my.....you guessed it. Thanks to modern technology we used the camera phone. Okay, no more babbling here are a few pictures.
In the milking pit.




Calf barn


I'm holding Charlotte and milking the cow.




Milk shots
I ended up buying a gallon of whole strawberry milk, so that I could make ice cream. Literally, I just threw the milk in the ice cream maker, no extra sugar, no eggs. Pretty good.

No comments: