Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the Night You Were Born

I have always wanted to have a birth story for my children. But alas, my last two stories consisted of, "you wouldn't come out, so my doctor scheduled a day and we took you out." Although, Betsy's story is similar, something funny happened the night before she was born. Our power went out for three hours. Three hours, 5pm to 8:30 pm, just when I was starting to fix dinner, and was in the throws of last minute packing, bathing two children and readying the kids and house for three days without me. For three hours, I ran around like a crazy woman with a lamp strapped to my head. We ordered pizza, and picnicked in the living room with our flashlights and candles. In the dark, nothing but my little head lamp to light the way through bath and bedtime. What a sight! I decided it was just an initiation to motherhood of three young children.
Betsy Jane born November 30. Weighing in at 9 lbs. My smallest of the three babies.

Charlotte meeting Betsy for the first time.
Joe is enamored with his littlest sister. He calls her, "Betsy, the rock star".




Home, day 1 or day 2. I don't remember. I have been trying to keep up with pictures, but time is flying. I made an attempt at a photo for Christmas cards, we'll see how they turn out.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh, I love her name! Only 9 pounds! Geeze girl - that's tiny :) Congratulations Ryanne. She looks perfect. So happy for you!