Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogging to Sleep

I am not sure what has come over me, I guess I just feel like sharing.  And seriously, please note, that I don't think I am some amazing photographer, and today I decided to wow you with my ability to capture the wonders of the pot roast.  It just so happened that I had decided to make pot roast in advance and it seemed to be the perfect entree for this very chilly Spring day.  And comfort food on a cold day makes me happy.
Plus, I just liked the way the ingredients fell in the pot.  Pot roast makes your house smell yummy.  The only thing missing...cooking it in beer.

 Since it was so chilly, I decided to rescue these poor peonies from the outside.  I kind of feel guilty when I cut flowers from outside, because I feel like I am taking beauty away from others.  But not today, these girls needed a warm place to stay. 
 Lastly, has anyone had the "Mother-in-law" from Sheridan's?  Oh my heavens, vanilla custard, tapioca pudding, rice krispies, semi-sweet chocolate and slices of banana - hello love!  Not a combination I would normally pick, but I am addicted.
Working the weekend, and I needed some down time to settle in for the night. Hopefully next week, the kids and I will work on the garden...

2 comments:

Erin said...

the mother-in-law is my absolute favorite treat from Sheridans! I think you may have inspired me to go get one later...

Art Epicurean said...

Your photos are beautiful! Art! The pot roast is beautiful! Art!