Monday, May 9, 2011

Worth the Wait

For the last two years (because of my work schedule), I have missed Moon Marble Company's Marble Days and the Running of the Pinkies. This year though I volunteered to help sale baked goods for Joseph's preschool, and convinced myself to take the day off.  I was not disappointed. Too much fun to watch the Uni-loader raise up and dump all of the balls in the street and then all of the kids and their parents run after them.

I think this guy was totally digging his job. 
 It works like this - you purchase a ball for two dollars and the chance to race, and the first three balls to reach the finish line win prizes.

 The Pinky Ball course.  It's much more intricate then what I could photograph, but I was trying to take pictures with a tired 35 lbs. two year old on my hip and an over excited five year old lagging behind me.

Joseph lost his first tooth.  I expected it to be a big ordeal, but he was pretty mellow when it happened.  In fact I didn't believe him when he told me because I expected him to be hysterical.

 She was content to sit and let the balls come to her.  What a smart girl!

 After ten minutes, Joseph looked up at me and said, "I am ready to go home now." 


 How was Mother'sDay?  I worked, then came home to a clean house, watched Mad Men and drank a glass of wine with pomegranate.  No complaints.

No comments: