Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Keep on Truckin', I Mean Trainin'?

I passed my glucose test, which basically means I don't have to eliminate carbs and sugar from my diet. Over the past two weeks I overindulged a bit, with the thought that anytime I ate sugar I better savor it - because this may be the last time I could have anything good to eat, like french bread or chocolate. I put on eight pounds this last month. I have been trying to keep my weight gain to a minimum, because I still have a lot of Joe's baby weight. So hopefully now I can exert some self control and limit myself to one or two sweet things a day. As for today, I have already had my two sweets.

David has had in-service all this week, which means he has been in class 8-4pm and home in the evenings. It has been a nice change to eat dinner as a family for once.

As for the Thomas pics at the bottom of the page, I am so excited. On June 13th, the three of us are going to see Thomas the Train, and take a 25 minute train ride. Yes, Thomas is life size. The event will have other activities planned like face painting, stories and a magic show. I am not sure that Joe will be willing to participate in all of these activities, but just the atmosphere and all the trains at the station are worth the hour drive and the money.
Photobucket

No comments: