Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Growing Up

I have wondered several times if Joe's acting out was the beginning of the terrible toddler era, but after the last week or two I am convinced we have moved onto the next stage of child rearing, the "terrible twos". He's definitely testing his limits. When I say, "Joseph, please don't walk on Aunt Pam's flowers." He then pokes at the flowers with one toe while staring me in the face with a big smile. What a stinker! But, I am relieved to say that Joe is now sleeping through the night. Here is little man this afternoon after his nap, preparing for a walk. He got to wear his new "summer blue shoes". Looks innocent, doesn't he?



As for baby girl, I am 24 weeks along and packing on the pounds. Less than two weeks from now I'll take my glucose tolerance test to screen for gestational diabetes, which I am fairly convinced I have. Depending on the resource, I have 60-75% of the risk factors associated with it. Only a little time left where I can eat what I want. As for movement, I never get tired of feeling her move around. It's like you have a little buddy tagging along with you all day. Plus the difference in Joe's movements from baby girl's is pretty obvious. Joseph was a slow, steady mover: like creating a wave across my tummy. Whereas baby girl jabs me all day long, and you can sit and watch my belly bounce, she is a scrapper. Maybe she will be a red head, who knows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch out, sister. You have a Macy Lynn cooking in there. You will now have to lock all your cabinets, gate up your stairs, and somehow lock your toilet seat so the hot wheels don't get a "bath". But she'll do it with such sparkle that it'll be impossible to be angry. I'm so excited for you!