Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Holla...I'll be back later to post more, but I have to get baby girl down for a nap. I am just posting these pics now because my mom is tired of looking at cinnamon rolls.
Okay, I am back now. Just wanted to update about the kids and state of our corner of the world. And all I can say is, that things are great. I love our simple, happy, warm little world. Yes, we get cranky and snappy sometimes, but we mellow out real quick and things always turn out for the best. Christmas was super busy, as was everyone's, but I was soooo exhausted on Friday night, and I still had the weekend to work. You would think that I was tired of baking...oh no. I've got a ball of cappuccino shortbread dough sitting in front of me that I am just raring to roll out and cut. The only thing that sucked about Christmas was that David worked much of it. I don't mind the days that David works, but I am really starting to hate the fact that he works evenings. Oh well, it won't always be like this. Sorry this is such a random post, but they usually are when I post more than a week apart.
For the most part Joseph is potty trained. With the exception of naps and bedtime, he wears underwear and always goes to the bathroom without prompting. He still doesn't sit on the "big" potty, but we have a little system when we are out in public, and it has worked well for us so far. Can I tell you he says the funniest things. For instance, everything he sees that he likes, let's say fruit punch, he'll say, "I want punch for my birthday", or "I want trains for my birthday", or "I want stickers for my birthday". Today, as he was looking at one of David's manuals for work he say, "this is my book, my library book, from Kansas City." Or how about, "Mom, you my best friend". There are so many funnier things that he says, I need to carry around a little notepad to write them all down.

Now for the sweetest girl in the whole world. Charlotte is now four months old. At her four month check-up she was in the 90th percentile for weight and height. Sometimes I have to give her an extra bottle because I fear she is still hungry after nursing. And unfortunately she usually takes it. I may start supplementing with formula when I am at work, to extend the life of my breast milk supply. But I can say this, I am going to keep breastfeeding until I can't produce anymore milk. Formula isn't the devil, and the most important thing is that she can get whatever breast milk I can provide. And now for the big news, Charlotte has two teeth. The first one I noticed Christmas, and told everybody about it. The second one is just on the verge of breaking through her gums. She is close to rolling over, and she loves to talk. And she loves her brother so much. She gazes so intently when he is in the room. Tonight, Joseph told her, "I love you so much Baby Mae..." which are my exact words. He even used my inflections as he said it. Well, I need to go now, my one and only New Year's resolution is to go to bed earlier. So I'll try to post sooner than a week next time.


No comments: