Friday, January 16, 2009

Poor Me

January is just not a good month for me. Last year at this time I was recovering from kidney stones, and in my first trimester of a pregnancy. Well, tonight, little Miss Betty Crocker here bought herself a nice sized second degree burn to her inner forearm with some yummy bacon grease. Yes, yes it is all part of my graceful nature. Besides the fact that the little bastard hurts like hell, I had all these plans for tomorrow, and well I am not quite up to them now. Plus I need to go to the doctor for that there Silvadene cream.
Well enough wallowing in misery. I am sorry I haven't posted in like forever. But literally, we haven't gone anywhere for two weeks. The last time we took the kids out was when we all ventured to Charlotte's four month appointment on December 29th. I am not going to type much, although there is a lot to say about the nature of my children and about how much I love them, the pain in my arm only subsides with an ice pack plastered to it. I will leave you with a list of funny things that Joe says, just so you can derive some pleasure from this post.
FUNNY THINGS authored by Joseph Toland
1. "It's gettin' pretty light-y outside" - Joe says this every morning when he wakes up and the sun is out. I am not sure where he got light-y
2. "Mom, you my best friend."
3. As he is trying to hide "Mom, where are me?"
4. "Wait, I got a super big idea..."
5. As I say "Joe, you are so funny.." he replies "NO, I Joseph!"
Hope these made you smile. But you never appreciate the full humor until you can hear the inflection in his voice. It is pure magic!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your arm feels better and you make it to work at least one day. I am craving the veggie chowder recipe like crazy. You would make your followers very happy if you posted it here. I love you dearly and hope you have a better February.

Anonymous said...

How is your burn? It was so nice of you to still bring that cake...which by the way was AMAZING. Thanks! I was meaning to ask you if you are willing to share that awesome cupcake recipe that you have with the coconut??? It is the best.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your burn. I will have to read more often...I missed your fun and games....I will check back!