Friday, November 6, 2009

Gorgeous

Today was as beautiful inside as it was outside. Do you know those days where you don't have a care in the world? Well, my day wasn't carefree, but my worries were "in check" if you will, and I was semi-productive. David had FOP meetings through the day so it was just me and the chittlins. I scurried to Wally world before David left for his meetings, just to get diapers, cat food, and some of the cheaper dry goods vs. say cereal at the grocery store where the price is hiked up $2-3. I bought the kids a cinnamon roll and bear claw, something I do about 3-4 times a year. Came home, fed them breakfast, everyone got dressed and headed to the Y, where I take my kickboxing class, that I absolutely love, and really deserves it's own post one day.
Talk about a total body workout, that is as fun as it is good for you. Sometimes I think Cindy, the instructor picks on me, she really pushes me. Today over her microphone she commented, "somebody came to work hard today", and I did! I was punching the bag across the room, and my arms were on fire.
After kickboxing, I treated the kids at the coffee shop. I only go to the coffee shop on the days that David works all day and it is just me and the kids. I justify needing the caffeine, and Joe really loves sitting on the stool at the bar. Joe likes the Italian soda and I usually partake in the Blushing Zebra.
We took our treats to the grocery store, where the kids were so good. Joe just walked along with the cart and Charlotte sitting inside. Of course, he was handsy, but I tried to keep him busy looking for items on the list. Then I locked my keys and the kids in the car, had a brief, "oh my Lord" moment then Joseph willingly climbed to the front of the car, and unlocked it.
We came home, fixed turkey sandwiches, and I labored over a pot roast. David came home early from his meetings, which was a nice surprise. I folded some laundry, started packing a suitcase, because the kids and I are staying at my mom's tonight, so she can watch the kids tomorrow while David and I work.
The kids went down for naps. David and I snoozed in the chair and couch, respectively, and I elevated my left foot. My heel hurts like the dickens. The pain is a cross between a bruise feeling and a burn. Does anyone know what this might be? Is it plantar fascitis (help with spelling)?
Now I need to finish packing up the car, and the kids. The pot roast smells awesome through the house. Since being on the Total Money Makeover, I haven't bought any candles. I have found myself baking and cooking to make the house smell good. Pot roast canlde anyone?
Anyway, today was just one of those perfect days. Life is good! Then I work tomorrow...hehehehe!

No comments: