Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Representing KC

A total surprise to me, Monday morning my husband vaguely suggests that I find a babysitter. I am thinking oh yeah right, because we rarely go anywhere and with Dave Ramsey in our lives, it is sacrilege to spend money.

An hour later he proclaims that two tickets will be waiting at the front entrance to the Unity Temple to see P-Dub. I have been a devoted reader of Confessions of a Pioneer Woman for over a year. Have you all read Black Heels to Tractor Heels? I stumbled upon that the first day I found her blog and spent the next 48 hours glued to the computer screen.

Why the scowl Ryanne? Well, I was trying to be silly, because I knew David was trying to take a picture, but I felt really bad for this girl standing in line next to me who forgot her camera. Oh wait, that wasn't some girl, that was me. I freaking forgot my camera. I never do anything like this and I forgot the dadgum camera. So all of these pics were taken with Dave's camera phone.

Did you know that Ree's cookbook hit the New York Time's best seller list? Well, you do now! This fuzzy snapshot was taken at about 11:35 at night. We were one of the last fifteen people there. Poor Ree, she had had another signing that day, and I know she had to be exhausted. But she kept right on trucking like a pro. I had hoped to stand out, and that she would remark how clever and witty I was, and ask to read my charming blog. But I think she probably thought I was crazy, because I proceeded to tell her that I cook from her blog probably 3-4 times a week, read it daily and sometimes it is pulled up on the computer all day, which is really just me either cooking all day, making a grocery list, and/or reviewing future recipes.
Anyway, we had such a relaxing/fun night. After Ree's interview with Vivenne from Rainy Day books, David and I went to dinner because it was several hours before my number would be called for the signing. And it was fun to watch Marlboro Man and their two boys at the signing. Her boys were a tad bit rambunctious, but they were just being boys, and I loved it because it just made her more real and down to earth.
I am now wondering if I should just take my camera everywhere with me, like I take my phone or my wallet...dum dum dum


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go David!