Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MIA on Halloween

This year I worked Halloween. Of course I didn't want to work, but neither did the twenty other mom's who worked Halloween, so I didn't attempt to take PTO. Luckily David took off the day, and was able to participate in the festivities.



Now, I am almost didn't want to post about Halloween. I had a costume for Charlotte, that a friend loaned me and used for her little girl a two years ago. Well, being the organized mom that you all know I am, I never put the costume on Charlotte until Halloween night. Surprise, surprise, the costume didn't fit, as evidenced by the pictures below. So to appease me, David poured Charlotte into the jumpsuit for picture sake, but obviously wouldn't keep her in it all night. The poor guy called me at work to warn me that it didn't fit, and she wouldn't be able to wear it. She is supposed to be a prisoner.





And Joseph is a cop. I have never seen such a happy policeman. By the way, I must give credit where credit is due. The big brother/cop and little sister/inmate costumes and idea were Josie O's idea. I am just a copycat.

Now this picture breaks my heart, because I wasted a perfect opportunity and once in a lifetime chance to do something cute with Charlotte. She will never be this age again. She looks so pitiful in the background at the door watching her brother enjoy the Halloween night and the attention. Meanwhile she stares longingly outside. One day she will look at this picture and think, my mama didn't love me.





Look at the small pumpkin. I botched cutting the top off and decided to make him into a pirate. Are you jealous of my creativity? Yup, I thought so.







No comments: