Thursday, April 28, 2011

the Backyard

Life is being lived.   My house is in ruin, but tonight I made it a point to rock the baby and then cuddle with Charlotte before bed.  Eventually I will catch up.  Playing catch-up, that's just how I roll.  In fact, I have contemplated a post about procrastination and when it is a good thing. 

David terrorizing me through the kitchen with his latest "kill".  Mole hunting season has arrived.
 We have waited and longed for IT, and now IT is upon us - the seasons of the backyard.   S'mores in the fire pit, lying in the grass and sunshine, watching the owls in the trees. Hopefully, working in the garden will be easier when I am not pregnant.  Did you know, that pregnant women are more attractive to mosquitoes because they produce more carbon dioxide?  True story.
 It's hard to fix dinner when this cuteness is swaggering around the yard in my sunglasses.  She knows it too.
Today, I sat on a tree stump feeding the baby and watching the kids play.  I started to crave the free days of Summer, and appreciate the tiredness that overcomes the kids from just being outside.  So much to look forward to.  

1 comment:

Josie said...

Me too, man. Outside outside outside. I'm mentally planning a camping trip for Julyish. You in?