Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yes I Did

 I am usually a Nazi when it comes to the baby and the dog.  Dotte gravitates towards anything baby, whether it is the bouncy seat, baby blankets, baby pacifiers - you have to be quick and diligent.  I can be quick, but the diligence part, not so easy.  I hate having to keep the baby off the floor because of the dog, and I hate putting the dog "up" so the baby can stretch out on a blanket on the floor.

Yesterday, Betsy was chilling on the floor, Dotte bee-lined straight for her, I "no"ed her once, and she obeyed immediately, so I decided to relax a little.  Things were fairly mellow, no one was riled up or crazy, I figured the dog would just go curl up in her pillow bed.  I was standing in the kitchen when I heard the baby giggling, not crying and not actually giggling, but even belly laughing.  There was Dotte, perfectly poised next to Betsy and licking her hands.  Hilarious!  I grabbed the camera to video, but like every living creature, once a camera appears their behavior changes, and Dotte quit licking her hand and instead burrowed up next to Betsy's little bum.



2 comments:

SherriM said...

Ryanne, I absolutely love your blog. I know it takes a lot of time to do this and you have so little of it with all you do, but PLEASE DON'T STOP. I get so excited when the number changes and I know I get to see pictures and read your clever commentary.

Josie said...

In my house, the baby is the only one that appreciates the smelly old dog, so I let them interact as much as possible. He stinks and eats his own poo, but he makes her laugh and squeal, so it's worth it.