Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Still a Girl

Today we had a follow-up sono with a perinatalogist to closer examine baby girl's heart. Supposedly, everything looks good (all organs, not just heart). Granted I feel better about baby girl's health, but in the back of my mind I know nothing is 100%, and there is always that chance that something is wrong. But these are all normal mother-to-be fears, so lets set them aside. There was one interesting component to the sono. Baby girl is measuring 2 weeks bigger than scheduled. She has consistently measured big, but never two weeks. And I am 99.9% positive about conception timelines, (remember, nothing is 100%) so I know that my due date is correct. Maybe she just had a growth spurt this last week or two. Based on Joe's weight, I am guessing her to weigh 8-8 1/2 pounds, we will eventually see.
Meanwhile, Joe continues to be the typical two year old. Although I am not sure if this typical, but he continues to wake up several times through the night crying, and I have no idea why. I try changing his pants, I bought a night light, I always check on him to make sure he's covered up thinking he's cold. I give him water, and I most often end up sleeping with him in his bed, which is just the habit I wanted to start prior to baby girl's arrival. Then sometimes when I ly down with him he continues to just cry/whine/scream in my face, at which point I try to get him to calm down and use his words, but usually have to tell him "I love you Joe, but I don't know what to do" and I have to walk away. So anyone with thoughts on this dilemma. I guess like most things in life (other than critical care), it will work itself out.

4 comments:

Little Smiths said...

M has been night waking for
over a month now. Most nights I don't have to go rock her, but sometimes I do. I'm not sure what the issue is there either, but every night she wakes me up crying at some point- sometimes twice. It's very strange...teeth?

From the Dotte said...

I thought teeth too the other night, so I tried Motrin. Didn't seem to make much of a difference. I am not able to feel or see anything breaking through the gum. I have been at a total loss... and lack of sleep, which won't get any better any time soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey niece! Just got around to trying to work on my blog tonight, taking a break from packing for Tupelo, leaving early a.m. 04/24. Ha, noticed you left a comment months ago, but I haven't been on my own site in months, except to read YOUR blog at least weekly. I love it, keeps me inspired that one of these days I'll get back to mine! So excited you're having a girl, and I know she'll be perfect! Sounds like little Joe is just having a bump in the 2-year-old road! He'll be fine, and you will be too. The mom stuff is hard sometimes isn't it? But, you're truly blessed, beautiful boy, beautiful family. Hang in there sweetie. Hope to see you soon, love always, A. Vonnie.

Anonymous said...

PART 2: Duh, A. Vonnie's tired! What I meant to say was I hadn't been on blogger in months, except for your site to read YOUR blog! Maybe I can sleep in the car tomorrow, at least till we get to Memphis/Graceland! Give Joe a hug and a kiss for me, and give our love to David too, miss you guys!