Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blah

I am a little down hearted. The prospect of a repeat c-section seems ever more evident, and I am ever more irritated about having one. There are a million reasons to not have a c-section and it seems like only one reason to have one: anoxic brain injury. After my appointment today, the current plan is to eval baby girl's measurements again at 37 weeks (just to make sure her weight is consistent and not off the charts gigantic), and then schedule a c-section for 39 weeks. If I should go into labor before the 39 weeks, I can try for a VBAC. She also said that if my cervix were "favorable" she would induce me purely by breaking my water, which I am okay with. Gosh darn it I just hate this waiting game.
As for Joseph, this week he has been quite rambunctious and shall we say independent. I made a feeble attempt at potty training on Tuesday by putting him in underwear. He peed once on the potty chair early in the morning, but had two accidents: before lunch and during lunch. I was a little irritated, not at the accidents, but the fact that when he was wet he didn't seem to care, denied that he was wet, and I had to fight him to peel off wet pants and underwear. Needless to say, I have abandoned this attempt until later this fall, after the baby and Joe are settled(because I will have tons of time then) or even after the New Year, just before his third birthday. I have been impressed with his ability to follow through with directions. For example I asked him to help pick up his toys in the living room. I maybe asked twice, and when I went into the living room, everything but his train set had been picked up and put away. He does the same with the toys in his room. I am extremely impressed at how quickly he acts, and how thorough he is when completing a task. Anway Joe and I are getting ready to make dinner and a big chocolate chip cookie cookie (in an eight inch cake pan) should be interesting. He loves to imitate cooking.

No comments: