Monday, June 16, 2008

The "Weigh In"

Dum, dum, dum! At the time of this post baby girl is/should be 30 weeks and 2 days. Well, her head circumference, chest circumference, abd girth and leg length all consistently measured 32 weeks and 3 days. Not only that but they have her weight estimated at 4 lbs. 5 oz. I am not sure if I will even attempt a VBAC if I should go into spontaneous labor, or if I will just proceed with the scheduled c-section and not run the risk of a uterine rupture. And since the baby has measured big through all of my sonograms, how early will she schedule a c-section? Also, Val or Hillary maybe you know, if the baby is measuring big does that mean other anatomical areas are developing at the same rate (i.e. lungs)? I am sorry to ramble about all of this, I know most of the time everything works out just fine in the end, I am talking to myself and trying to anticipate what will happen. Because, you know, pregnancies, babies and children are such predictable aspects of life that are easliy anticipated. Ha, ha, ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I guessed right!!!! On the weight anyway! Love, A. Vonnie

Valerie said...

You know, I feel like I should know the answer to that. My instinct says that just because baby is big does not mean that lungs are developing any quicker. I think that follows a pretty set time line. But, you've peaked my interest...now I must investigate!

Anonymous said...

I know with gestational diabetic babies they can be giagantic but still have crappy lungs. I don't know if this applies to everyone else though....