Monday, February 14, 2011

Handmade Underway!

Two projects have been joyfully completed. Number one, I crocheted a scarf. A basic, no thinker, just double crochet the length of the scarf. So calming to sit and crochet, and very satisfying to finish. Soft and cozy around the neck. Joseph kept telling me how beautiful my knitting was and how proud he was of me. Hearing him say those things, I could hear myself praising him.


Handmade number two, a Valentine's day headband for Betsy. There are a few things I would like to tweek about the process, but I plan to make more through the year. It is so rewarding to make something and then actually USE it.



A few side notes, Charlotte's potty training has commenced. A week after I came home from the hospital, she was frequently wanting to use the potty chair, but physically, I wasn't ready to breastfeed a baby, take care of their daily needs and do hourly trips to the potty chair. But our schedule has settled out (as much as possible), and Friday, I decided it was time to officially began potty training. I stocked up on M&M's and big girl pants. We have had three successful days, with maybe only two accidents. For some reason, it is a huge relief to me to have begun this process, and that for now, it seems to be going well. I must remind myself to take it day to day, because, one day I think we (Charlotte and I) have it all figured out, and then two days later we could be back to square one.

My handmade endeavor will slow down this week, because of Joseph's birthday. If I become too obsessed with a project my house goes to pot, and I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute. Oh well, enough rambling.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: