Friday, February 29, 2008

Fun for $20!

Alright, yes I am blogging about a pair of shoes. I have been wanting and (I feel) needing a new pair of tennis shoes. Other than work, and some new winter boots, I have worn the same pair of running shoes everyday for at least a year now. I know, eewwww gross. Probably something I should keep to myself. Anyway, tonight Joe and I were at the outlet mall, and for weeks I have been unsuccessfully shopping (online, in stores, magazines, etc.) for the perfect pair of shoes that were not too expensive, versatile and a little more youthful than what I typically buy. I wanted BANG for my buck. So I went into the Nike store, and in the WOMEN'S Lifestyle section I found this fun, sassy little pair. They were only $20. I was hesitant, they have magenta stripes and a neon green swoosh, not my typical conserative buy. But my gut was telling me it would be okay, I work hard for my money and for twenty bucks I can have a little fun. So, I bought them. Here's to fun, and hopefully lots of wear.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I think they're cute...and something different is always good. I still remember my favorite pair of running shoes were some funky looking Reeboks that had yellow and black and almost looked like they had spikes on the bottom...weird I know. But I got the most compliments on them and wore them everywhere. If I ever find a pair like it I'm buying them!!