Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Bunny on the Block

Well sorry no pictures, yet again. But this week I have been picking up 6 hr extra shifts at work and plan to work all day tomorrow. The money is definitely worth it, but I miss Joe so much when I am gone. I thought it was hard to leave him as a baby, well let me tell you it doesn't get any easier.
Yesterday, David, Joe and I went to US Toys, one of my favorite stores, to pick up some cool birthday balloons for Joe's b-day. Like usual, Joe was carrying his bunny around. The child almost constantly has to have something in his hand, whether it is his bunny, a car, his blanket, or his thumb in his mouth. I think he has inherited a rather addictive personality and could very well end up being a chain smoker. He does like the rock n' roll. Anyway, we lost Joe's bunny, which he loves very much. The bunny can be seen in many pictures I have taken over the last six months, and anyone who knows Joe fairly well, probably can recall said bunny. As of this evening he is still asking for his "bunny". I swear to you my heart breaks when he asks for his bunny. As my mom said it, "it was kinda of a creepy bunny". Said bunny was about two and half inches tall, plastic, wore a backpack with a carrot on it and was holding an apple in his hands, and one ear was orange. I called US Toys and asked them to keep a look out for bunny, and when I was talking to the manager, (I don't know how I ended up talking to the manager) I started crying. He called me back after about ten minutes, and said he had walked the store and was not able to find bunny, but they would keep a lookout for it. I think he felt sorry for me. And I can promise I would have cried even if I wasn't pregnant. Tonight at the grocery store I bought Joe a cute little girly bunny, he was pointing out all of the bunnies. But this one is made of cloth and will get dirty easier, and frankly it is just not the same. I think even Joe knows it is not the same. I could actually keep going on and on about bunny, but I am getting tired and need to sleep to work. So Joe's birthday is on Saturday and I hope to post lots of pics. See you all later.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Enjoy Joseph's birthday today!! Miss you here...Leah is with me. We have a cruddy assignment, but time to just hang out and talk. Have a great day!!