Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Half Way There

I always want to post throughout my day. As I meander through my week at home, random thoughts and occurences run through my head, and I always want to share. But, I feel that without pictures what is the point. My camera batteries, have little juice, and seem to be on the charger the majority of the time. Not to mention, our days have been spent inside and my house is a P-I-T, leaving me uninspired to capture the moment. But since I posted the myriad of family photos, I wanted to talk about my children and a little about me.
I can't believe Charlotte is seven and a half months old. It feels like ages since I was pregnant, and home on maternity leave. The sad part is in a mere five months she will be a one year old. Oh my, a one year old's birthday is bittersweet, isn't it? As for milestones, she rolls back and forth, sits fairly well unsupported but not well enough, and occasionally she will "worm" it around on her blanket while she is on the floor. Worm? Think break dancing. As for eating, I waited until six months to start any cereal or babyfood, mainly because that was the impression I received from my pediatrician. So she has only had a few veggies, and this morning I went ahead and gave her a banana, because that was all I had prepared at the time. She's a good eater, no doubt about it. She still wakes up once a night. I was beastfeeding her at the time, but in the last week, I have decided to wean/quit breastfeeding, and of this moment haven't breastfed or pumped for over twenty four hours. So I think it is safe to say we are done. It is an understatement to say that I am sad, but my body was done, that much is clear.
I think I could go on and on about Baby Mae, but will stop for now. Can I just say, that although you want your children to grow and thrive, my heart aches to know that they will never be this sweet, innocent, loving, happy, and enamored with me has they are when they're infants.

1 comment:

Josie said...

1. Get eneloop batteries. They don't lose their juice when they're not in use. Normal rechargables do. They have brought sanity back to my photo taking. ("mom, what does 'effing batteries' mean?)

2. Those baby girls don't lose their sweetness (at lease not for a while). Mine only has gotten sweeter because now she can talk and tell me how much she loves me and misses me...every five minutes. ("I was just peeing Mace, but I missed you, too.")