Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just A Little About David and I

Now that I am finished breastfeeding, I feel physically and mentally ready to get into shape. Now whether "get into shape" means lose weight through diet and exercise, or just exercise I am not sure. It has always been fairly easy to maintain a comfortable figure by exercising, and avoiding soda, chips and junk food. Note, junk food does not include homemade desserts. Homemade baked goods are my weakness. A weakness that I have indeed passed along to my son. But, back to "maintaining", I do not have the metabolism of a young twenty something anymore, I need to realize that I am growing older. Finer, but still older, and I can no longer afford the dietary splurges of my youth. So for the time being, I have started walking for at least 40 mintues a day, and then exercising to the 30 Day Shred twice a week (homegirl kicks my butt). To make me accountable, my Mom and I are going to run the Amy Thompson 8K on Memorial Day.
I hope David doesn't mind me speaking on his behalf, but he has been busy in the yard this week, and dreaming of our boating excursions this summer on our little pontoon boat. Being on the boat always makes the kids tired, the good kind of wind blown-fresh air tired. Plus I love Wyandotte Co. Lake, it is WyCo's little jewel, always green and quiet. Not to mention we were married there. This year David is off on Sunday and Monday. So for the next eight months, every Sunday, David will play softball with the Digglers. Yes, as in Dirk Diggler. Anybody, name that movie. Nothing makes my husband happier than playing slow-pitch softball on a Sunday night. Well, happy, as far as playing softball goes.
It has been so long since I have posted a real post I could go on and on and on and on. You get the point.