Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just Joseph

Mom, "Joseph Toland stinkpot, what are you doing?". Joseph, "I not Joseph Toland stinkpot, I just Joseph!" Now that Joseph is three, the time has come for me to let go. Joseph will start preschool on the Fall. Not sure where yet, but I am sure we'll find something suitable. And not full time, but probably two days a week. Half days in the Fall, and then full days in the Spring. Before preschool starts we need to work on pulling our pants up and down, and using a "big potty". But as far as control goes, we are doing quite well, and I feel very comfortable and pleased with our potty training.
Now, as far as Joseph goes I feel confident enough with this development, with the exception that he wakes up at least twice a night screaming for me or David. Let me stress the phrase AT LEAST. The first time he wakes up I take him potty, but after that I am not playing games, and end up either yelling at him in a sleepy stupor, or carrying him into my bed. He has a night light, I leave KPR on the radio so that there is fairly tame music on in the background. He has water at his bedside, a few stuffed animals, his B, his white car...I am at a loss. I don't know what to do. But the fact that my three year old wakes me more through the night than my infant is perplexing and disheartening. And gosh darn it, it exacerbates my eye redness. I joked with David, that my teeth are yellow and my eyes are red...I truly am a monster.
As for Joe's daily activities, he spends his days playing with cars, trains, in the dirt outside or just hanging out with Mom and Dad. If we're inside he is usually making a mess of my kitchen, or playing with cups and water somewhere in the house. The kid loves to pretend to cook. Friday's he has soccer, and hopefuly if I can plaster on a swimsuit, we'll do swimming lessons.

No comments: