Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday Pictures

Handmade #4, a crocheted hat for moi'. I wanted something new to wear on my bday, so I made this hat. It may be a little too wintry for this early Spring weather, but I was bound and determined to make it. And if I can't figure out how to sew and give up on learning any more handmade skills, just know you will most likely be receiving a similar hat for Christmas. Hope you like it.


The first half of the day it didn't seem like my birthday. I was standing in line at the store, and as I walked out I saw some balloons, and then I remembered, oh ya, today I turn thirty.
But by the afternoon, David came home early, I made coffee smoothies, flowers and balloons were delivered to the house, and the kids gave me a Michael's gift card. Very much brightened my day.



My Mom fixed a yummy family style Italian dinner, and bought an abundant amount of cupcakes. This is grandma Darlene holding Betsy. I love when she and grandpa Jerry come to town.
No Mom, this is not the picture I told you about, but I love this one too. That is Betsy's favorite way to be held, watching the world from someone's shoulder.


BABYCAKES
The cupcakes were beautiful and it was soooo much fun to blow out the candles with my kids and cousin Abby.
I usually don't mind when others take self-portraits, but I always feel particularly silly. But I wanted a picture of me on this day, so when I am gone my kids and grandchildren can remember what I looked like as a P.Y.T. Just kidding - but only a little bit!

3 comments:

Little Smiths said...

You made that?! Awesome!

Valerie said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to the 30's. Hope they're kind to you! Would love the pattern for the hat. It's super cute!

Anonymous said...

your birthday party was the highlight of my week sweetie, and you are one of the highlights of my life - but you know that! love the hat too! Hugs, A. Vonnie