Monday, March 14, 2011

Time Out

Random pictures from May of 2009.


Hello. Posting has fizzled somewhat. Sorry. Today, I decided to start the Fly Lady again. I don't plan on following it stringently, there is just sooo much going on. What with loving and nurturing a baby, training a puppy, playing with a toddler and guiding a young son, I can only try my best. I simply need some guidance on how to "keep up" with the house and make some headway in organization.

Fly Lady talk leads me to this question. Does anyone use a timer? Today I have used my timer several times, and it greatly increases my productivity. This morning I set the timer for fifteen minutes and wiped out my dishes. Then during preschool and naptime, I set it for two ten minute periods and cleaned my bathroom shelves, throwing away lots of stuff, organizing what I use daily, and wiping down shelves. It felt good to get rid of the clutter.

Hopefully, maintaining some order in the home, I can create some peaceful time for myself and continue on my merry handmade way, learning to crochet, sew or whatever.

Wasn't the snow funny today? Tomorrow: 55 degrees and sunny, what the what?

2 comments:

Little Smiths said...

I don't know sister. Do you want to do some timer support?? Like hold each other accountable for like 2, 15 min periods a day? I need this MORE THAN YOU KNOW. I keep considering it....but let's face it...I'm lazy.

From the Dotte said...

You are not lazy, you are pregnant with two young children to care for. Once Betsy was about six weeks old, I started diving into cleaning and organizing projects. At this stage of the game, with young kids, organizing and such is an evolving process.