Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stroke of Luck

On a totally unrelated note, Joseph had two wonderful birthday parties. Both days, the weather was beautiful and unseasonably warm. While the rest of the week consisted of yucky winter slop.


Now, my handmade update. Handmade #3, a dog sweater. Poor little pooch, gets cold pretty easy, so I took it upon myself to crochet her a sweater. The crocheting part was pretty easy, assembling the two pieces together proved to be a little more trying for my limited skill and knowledge. Isn't it funny, I never imagined myself owning and loving a weiner dog, let alone crocheting a wee dog sweater. Oh, how we grow and change.

Yes, I am that lady, driving a big old truck with a yappy dog on my lap. Oh my... I think the sweater was a little awkward for her, so I think I will be taking a stab at a different pattern here pretty soon. Or, just crochet her scarf.
Today, I am finishing my practice version of a spring hat I want to make for the girls - especially for my little bald baby. The hook I used is too big for this yarn and pattern, so hopefully, when I attempt the real version with proper size hook and yarn, it will look cleaner and more polished.

Lastly, sometimes I hold back when sharing out-loud and on-line, because I don't want people to think I am needy and/or crazy. But really people, no comments to be had for this sweet little pun-um?

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Ok dude! Had no idea you had a dog! ADORABLE!! And I love the name Mabel. But, I know all about having to compromise on names ;) The knitting is adorable. I posted something on FB about all my friends who are starting to get craftsy so I pulled out my two sewing machines. I've only used them once, but I plan to do more in the future. You rock!

Josie said...

I love the sweater. She does look sweet, but not sweet enough to convince me to want one. You are one crazy lady!

Katie said...

You are my hero. That dog sweater is hilarious. Mabel is awesome. We have been having the dog talk recently....I am starting to give in. Someone please slap me.

From the Dotte said...

don't give in Katie.