Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I turn 30! Here are thirty things about me

1. Right now, I am drinking sparkling wine and cooking an italian panini

2. Italian food is my favorite, and Garozzo's is my favorite restaurant

3. I want to eat at Dog Nuvo, because as gross as they seem at times, I relish eating a yummy hot dog.

4. Speaking of hot dogs, as much work as it is, I think Dotte, our new dachschund is a wonderful addition to our little family.

5. I can POP a mean batch of Kettle Korn.

6. Right now, I cannot find my wedding ring...

7. For Christmas, I bought Betsy a keepsake collection of Madeline stories, but honestly I wanted them for myself.

8. For the past three years I have wanted a piece of art from this artist I saw at the Plaza Art Fair. I just can't chalk up the money

9. I rarely want to "eat out" because I think I can cook better than most restaurants. I am really just paying for the fact that I don't have to clean up.

10. The Barefoot Contessa is my favorite cook/chef

11. My husband keeps trying to get me to open a cafe

12. My real job grows harder and more heart wrenching as time goes by

13. I miss the kick-ass kick boxing class I used to take

14. I am thankful everyday, that I live in America

15. Looking at my daughter reminds me, that when I was her age, my hair was white blond and curly

16. I love to shop for jewelry, but really only wear earrings, and an occasional necklace

17. My favorite Pandora station, right now, is La Vie En Rose, this Summer it will be the Buena Vista Social Club.

18. To put it mildly, I suffer from a sweet tooth

19. I have two sisters, and I love them dearly

20. I don't remember the last time that I read an entire book

21. I am expecting HAPPY MAIL tomorrow, I hope it comes

22. Pearls are a girl's best friend

23. I am the absolute worst about writing thank you notes, but am always more thankful than you can imagine.

24. I hope in my thirties I will stop worrying about what other people think.

25. On my right leg is a huge vericose vein that I am extremely self conscious about. Yikes, see #24. Must be the sparkling wine talking.

26. There is a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner in my dining room, and it has been there since August. I made it and love the colors so much I haven't taken it down.

27. Right now, I am thinking of the Farmer's Market and fresh summer fruit.

28. My reality is, as I type these, my children are making a mess while trying to help me clean...

29. I am also wondering, is there an eight layer citrus cake in my future.

30. I love the term granny chic.

Tomorrow, I hope to post handmade #4, my birthday hat!

3 comments:

SherriM said...

I had already sent you a HAPPY EMAIL before I read this. I know you will have a wonderful day. You're very inspiring to a lot of people I'm sure. You are a GREAT mother, a wonderful sister, a thoughtful daughter and an absolutely PERFECT niece. I love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAREST RYANNE.

Katie said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I am 6 months behind you on this 30 thing. I loved this post. My favorite one...the birthday banner! I hope you have a great day. I wish we could get together and I could make you a delicious Barefoot Contessa recipe (she is my favorite too). Celebrate big!

Josie said...

Happy Birthday, Momma! (Almost a week late). You're one of my very favorite people at (and outside of) work, and I love reading your blog to catch up on your life when we can't do it on the weekends. When the weather turns warm and the kids are out of school, we shall reconnect on playgrounds, poolsides, and porches. Love you!