Monday, March 10, 2008

It's Party Time...

Well, what I meant to say was it's potty time, but however you want to look at it. Let's start with fact that Joe didn't take a nap today. He slept for about 45 minutes in the car, and when we got home we put him straight to bed for his nap. But oh no, that wasn't going to fly. He screamed for 20 minutes, and I wasn't looking for a fight, but mom sure did want to take a nap. So I turned on a movie and tried to get Joe to nap on the couch with me. Again, no way. Surprisingly, without his nap Joe remained in a decent mood , but even so mom needed a break. I am convinced, and really have always been convinced that naps are not only good for a child's health and brain development, but naps are a necessity for a mother's sanity. No napping aside, I needed to go buy diapers, because we were almost out. I decided to head out to Babies r Us to also buy a potty chair. Joe was great at the store, and I guess for the most part good at Fazoli's, except when he repeatedly screamed (a high pitched girl scream) for the salt. At that time I knew it was time to leave. Once we got home I put the potty chair in the bathroom and prepared to give Joe a bath, which is something he has recently begun to rebel against. He sat on his chair once or twice with his clothes on, but not bare butted. What he really wanted to do was take the basin of the potty chair and play with it in the bathtub. I guess because it is like a big cup to pour water in and out of. Wrestling the basin from Joe turned out to be a lengthy battle. When I finally get Joe in the tub, and after about ten minutes of diligent playing, he sits up on his knees and starts whining "all done, all done". I am sitting on the floor at the other end of the bathroom reading a magazine, and I'm thinking: OH NO YOU ARE NOT- we still need to actually bathe you, why are you being so fickle? Well I get off my kiester only to find a nice little turd in the tub. So we get out of the tub, clean up the mess, scrub the tub and start all over again. What a night. Right now he is quiet in bed, which is good, because for the last week he screams"mommy's bed, mommy's bed". I suppose he wants to sleep in our bed. But oh no, we are not starting that.
Joe's new potty chair. Wish me luck.

Me struggling with Joe while he tries to put the potty chair basin in the bathtub. I tried to get him to turn around so you could see him screaming. I wanted everyone to expereince my joy. I know this is all part of raising kids, and it is really nothing to gripe about. I just needed to vent. Plus he is still quiet in bed, so I am feeling pretty good. Enjoy the next two days. I know we will.

No comments: