Thursday, March 20, 2008

Worthwhile

Well it has been over a week since my last post. And as of today not much else has gone on. I have been trying to pick up one extra shift a week. That extra twelve hour shift makes a huge difference when you are only used to working two shifts. The extra money is nice, but I will eventually go back to working only my weekends, so I can have my five days at home. And something else that has surfaced in the last few weeks, is Joe's refusal to go to bed at night. When I put him to bed he cries and screams "mommy's bed, mommy's bed". Sometimes it is only for a few minutes, sometimes it is for hours. But then at some point through the night, usually around 4-5 in the morning, he wakes up crying and screaming again. I am not sure why this is such an issue now, when he has been such a great sleeper in the past (which I prided myself on). Whenever I am at work he is either at home with David, or with another family member for no more than five hours. On my days off, I am with Joe almost constantly except for naps and bedtime which are times that I need to be alone, to either get things done, or just relax (usually it is just to relax). So I feel like he gets lots of love, attention, stimulation, and socialization. I am not sure how to fix this problem. And with the new baby becoming ever more a reality, I want to nip this in the bud now, and not when the new one arrives. Speaking of the new one, we had our anatomical sono today, and from what she could see everything looks normal, but I am to have another sono in four weeks to get a better look at the heart. The baby kept its face hidden so the pictures aren't very babylike, just a profile of head, neck and spine, - it definitely looks human. But, baby did make it quite obvious that its a girl. Come on, I wasn't going to announce it at the beginning, then no one would have read the rest of the entry.
Enjoy this gorgeous first day of Spring!

2 comments:

Little Smiths said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I love girls!!!

Valerie said...

So excited for you guys! Yeah! Girl! I'm sure the nap thing will work itself out. Just be consistent and eventually he will get the picture. See you Saturday.