Thursday, November 15, 2007

Men At Work-Part II

We spent all of Monday and Tuesday at Lowe's scouting out and buying bathroom materials. As you can see by Tuesday Joseph had had enough. On several occassions he had nearly climbed on a forklift. "Customer assistance needed with childcare." So while David shopped through Lowe's, I chased Joe.

What can I say the boy has expensive taste, must be genetic.



I call this video "Carpet Sampling". The day before, Joe hit every sample on the shelf while running back and forth, back and forth. This video isn't quiet as amusing as his previous samplings.








Joe stood and stared at this poster for probably a solid 30 seconds, that's a long length of time when you're talking toddler, looking at the mom and her little girls. But when he leaned closer to peer at the poster he looked so cute, as if reading the instructions.

What can I say, the kid loves hats.





Wednesday has arrived, the big day. Here is a before shot of our seemingly benign bathub. HA! Me, the cynical ICU nurse, I know better.






Now, I almost did not post this pic because I am very embarrassed about the goings on under my tub. But I am also never one to hide the truth or sugar coat a situation. So here you go, for all the world to see. Really, please, close your mouth.







At that point, Joe and I headed to my grandma' s and to run some errands. When we got back David had cleaned up all the rotten, wood, insulation etc. He and his brother, Tim, were building a new floor and placing studs for the new wall.



Tim and David kick the tub to the curb. The next day somebody picked that bad boy up.





Here is the new floor for the new tub. Thank you Tim for all of your amazing handy work.
Tim and Dave will build a new wall here and even some cabinets. Most importantly all of that wet wood, and rotting whatever is gone. Here is Joe with his Children's Mercy calculator helping Dad measure the new walls.
Joe and I will spend all weekend at my mom's so I can shower before working this weekend. I'll also be glad to see what gets done while I am gone. So the saga continues next week. Happy weekend everyone.


























1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm sure the bathroom will look great once it's done. It's so nice to have someone else helping with projects. And once again, your son is perfectly adorable!