Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Punica granatum

After putting Joe to bed tonight, I was walking through the kitchen and saw the pomegranate that had been on my counter for little over a week now. I thought, I am thirsty, I'm gonna eat a pomegranate. My mom introduced me to pomegranates maybe three years ago, and I've loved them ever since. Not only do they taste good, but they are very good for you. Pomegranates are high in vitamin C, Potassium and fiber. They also are rich in polyphenols; potent antioxidants. To learn more about Punica granatum, recipes, nutrition facts and the 3 Step No Mess method, which looks quicker and cleaner than my prep method visit http://www.pomegranates.org/. One last thought, my experience has been, that in Kansas City grocery stores, the best tasting pomegranates are only available after Halloween right up to Thanksgiving. I never seem to find good ones after Thanksgiving. Also remember the heavier the pomegranate the greater the juice!


































1 comment:

Valerie said...

So, you just eat the little pods inside of a pomegranate?