Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Good Morning, Good Morning..."

Think to the tune of Singing in the Rain. Well, it is not unusual for me to be up at this time, perusing the blogstratosphere, what with Charlotte waking up once a night. But this morning, I just sent David off to some training in Salina and he'll be gone for two days. Alone with the kids, all by my lonesome. If you heard my tone, you would hear the mocking, sing-song of a "poor me". David being gone for two days is really no big deal, except that this is one of the busiest weekends I think I have ever had. And when David returns home, his pressing social engagements will leave him ... let's just say distracted. David returns on Friday, afternoon and heads immediately to a rehearsal dinner for a wedding. Then on Saturday, he has to be at the wedding by 2 pm (which means he will start getting ready at 11am-see what I mean by distracted. Ha Ha!) for whatever it is people in weddings do. He is the best man so he has to stay for quite some time at the wedding. Then Sunday morning we head to my dad's farm for a much needed family reunion/off the cuff get-together. Meanwhile, I have several big errands to run like...(this is really a list for me)
1. Get Joe's haircut
2. Joe needs a pair of pants and semi-dressy shirt that fits (he is totally grown out of 2T clothes)
3. Joe needs new shoes
4. I need something dressy that fits (I wear this one pair of maternity jeans that I have and a pair of cropped black sweatpants - crazy the things you admit at 4:30 in the morning)
5. Find a recipe for, and whip up some killer baked beans
6. Mash a large quantity of potatoes and transport them to the farm while keeping them warm and moist.
7. Buy fixings for above dishes, aka groceries
8. Don't forget a wedding gift
9. Do all of this between breastfeeding, potty training, (when we are in public and Joe has to pee he freaks because he won't go on the big potty, and he doesn't want to pee in his pull-up. So I have resigned to taking the potty chair in the back of the truck) and naptimes. Oh yeah, they are two years and almost two months.
10. Plus I want to experiment with some fresh pumpkin puree in a cake recipe - probably not getting done.
I know, I know this is part of life. But I really haven't taken the kids out by myself very much. So while I am trying to do all of this (I really hate clothes shopping for myself) I will be learning how to manage, manipulate, and deal with the kids when we (they) are out in public. And, I am a fretful, worrywart and this is freaking me out.
Well, I need to get back to bed for a while. I have several posts and pictures I have wanted to put up, but I have been trying (sorta) to clean the house.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hey, Barefoot Contessa had baked beans on her show yesterday. They looked interesting and maybe a little "out there" but I thought it was interesting that you love her and you needed a recipe for baked beans! Hope all goes well. By the way...6 weeks pregnant!!!