Sunday, October 12, 2008

"We Are Family..."

Don't know why but I never liked that song much. In fact, I asked the DJ at our wedding not to play it - he did anyway. That my friends, reflected in his tip. Just kidding, he was a really good DJ. But this post isn't about weddings or DJs. This is about the family reunion where a donkey chewed on my son's hand with an attempt at amputation. Well, not quite, but Jack the donkey did grab a hold of my son's hand tight enough that daddy had to pull Joseph's hand out from between clenched teeth. David said, "that he saw two things flash before his eyes as he pulled Joe's hands out of Jacks clenched jaws: 1) his son's hand with two less fingers, and 2) the look in my eyes as my wrath descends upon him. Surprisingly, Joe's fingers appear fine with only some minor swelling. Thank goodness, because I was not up for an urgent care visit.
Here mom is telling Joe to show everybody his swollen fingers. You can't tell a difference because his cute, grubby little fingers are kinda chubby. Boy, do I love chubby!

I think this tender moment happened after said donkey attack. This is Joe's cousin Josie, she is about five months younger than Joe.



Aunt Shelbe took these pics. Joe is wearing her sunglasses. Look at that exhausted, dirt caked and food laden face. I love to see my baby when he is soooo tired from physical exertion and fresh air.

Baby gansta. Hopefully, this isn't a sign of things to come, my homeys. You know I am just kidding right. Next thing you know I will be calling David, my baby's daddy.
Hope to get some pictures of Charlotte this week. It is hard to get interesting and stimlating pics of an either, eating, pooping or sleeping child. Maybe I will catch some dazzling smiles.

2 comments:

Dane said...

Oh, Ryanne! Joe can tell his harrowing story of the donkey to Liam. He will sympathize. At least you did not end up in the ER wondering if he will need grafting!

Anonymous said...

My kid had a finger injury this month, too! Jackson lost the skin and fingernail off the top of his thumb to the hinge of the jogging stroller. It was VERY dramatic, but not very injured. We should start a support group for the boys.