Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vulnerability

You just never know when your life can totally change. Any second your life is turned upside down. Thankfully that didn't happen to us today. David was in a highway speed car accident. He is fine, so he says. He's just generally sore. The impact was strong enough to bust the concrete median. We are pretty sure the truck is totalled. A million scenarios have run through my head about what if he had been injured and hospitalized. I am just so thankful that he is okay, and that my children still have their father.

Now the really crappy part: we have to find a new car. I hate shopping for cars. It is such a big purchase, and I hate the whole car buying game - it absolutely infuriates me. The Trailblazer was the first (and last) vehicle that I purchased at a dealership, and I was pregnant at the time. And I felt like a force to be reckoned with. I wasn't taking any #$%^ from anybody. Too bad I am not pregnant this time. It's a huge car buying advantage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest a pillow under your shirt?
Just kidding. I was SO thankful that David was ok. That is such a blessing. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Valerie said...

So glad everyone is ok. Do you need me to go negotiate for you? Ha, I'm such a pushover, I had confrontation or negotiation. By the way, did you not get the comment I made on your blog 2 weeks ago saying I was pregnant?? :) Hope all is well!! Someday I will come see that little girl of yours...someday!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's okay. It's a car buyers market, by the way. We just bought a used highlander for DIRT cheap. NO ONE is buying cars right now. Patrick's dad works for a dealership and said they will sell you a car (especially a SUV) for nothing. Seriously, you couldn't of picked a better time to buy.