Monday, October 20, 2008

Ouie!

Sweet Charlotte Mae turned two months on Saturday. We went to the pediatrician's office this morning for her well baby check-up and immunizations. She only weighs 12 lbs. 14 oz, which is not even a full pound gained this last month. The doctor said that was fine, that their weight gain can slow down at this time. I am really not too worried. She is a happy baby, and for several nights now has slept six to eight hours through the night. He said she has really good head control for a two month old, which is a change from Joseph because he was so behind in almost all of his gross motor skills. Other than the immunizations, the visit was fine. She has never cried so hard in her short little life. I didn't cry, but gosh dang it, it did break my heart. I was still talking about it after I got home, but she seemed to have moved on. Ha, ha! Something I thought was so nice, was that the doc's office gave us a little bottle of infant Tylenol - automatically. I was going to have to buy a bottle on my Target run (which I did anyway), but I was able to give it to her prior to her shots, which is what I always did with Joseph.


David had the kids sitting together on the couch. So fun to watch them together. And to hear Joseph say, "whacha, ya doing Baby Mae?" in his best version of my voice.

Be still my beating heart!!! When Charlotte and I were at Target we tried out some barrettes for her "hawk", but I wasn't too impressed. So we are now on the hunt for some secure, and comfortable baby barrettes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Love the pictures. There is nothing better than watching your baby boy become a big brother! I want to do lunch someday with you if that is Ok. Are there days that work better than others? Tuesdays and Fridays tend to be better for me. Let me know if you are interested. Plus, one of these days maybe I will get to come to playgroup :)

Anonymous said...

Uh, that second picture is your christmas card. Seriously. It is adorable.