Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Not CrUnCHy

Tuesday, I (with David's assistance) packed up the kids, then by myself, took the kids to my cousin Lindsey's beautiful brand new house for a girls + Joseph lunch. It was a different drive with two kids in the car. I don't know how else to say this, but there seemed to be so much more at stake with two little lives in the car, as oppossed to just one. Not that Charlotte is anymore valuable than Joseph. But with two kids I had more distractions and things to focus on, and I was just so aware that BOTH of my babies were in the car, and I alone was responsible for them. There I go, the continual worrier. Anyway, the drive was fine, and the kids were really good. My aunt brought over some toys for Joe play with; army trucks and men, a toy gun (yah!), a Barney book, and a puzzle. You would have thought it was Christmas morning. Aunt Pam did great.
Here is Joe meeting Lindsey's new baby...I mean kitten.
Here I am with Charlotte in the new baby carrier. I love it, and obviously so did she, because she immediately fell asleep. With Charlotte chilling in the carrier, I could sit at the table and eat with both of my hands. I could play with/chase Joe if I needed to. I look like a total hippy with my messy hair, lounge clothes and mei tai (the baby carrier), that is why I titled this post "not crunchy". Because I don't want to look like some granola-ish, au natural hippy. Tee-he-he! I LOVE this fireplace.

An over the shoulder shot of my little (actually big) cuddlebug snoozing in the mei tai.
This morning, Charlotte and I visited Dr. Miller for her one month well baby appointment. She now weighs 12 lbs, and grew two inches this month. She is officially in the weight range for 3-6 month clothes. Yikes! My only issue is, I often find her sleeping through feeding time, and it is very difficult to wake her to eat. Oh, "big deal" you say. Well, I am trying to get her to eat frequently during the day, so I can train her to sleep through the night. Plus, if she doesn't eat at least every three hours, my supply will decrease over time, and that is one of my biggest worries. I also notice that her diapers are not as full after one or two missed or snacking meals. So, right now, I basically strip her down, change her diaper and end up having to rub her head, neck and feet with a baby wipe to wake her up. If that doesn't work I give up and let her sleep. Hopefully, this is just a sleepy spell for the next day or so.
Joe has gymnastics tomorrow morning, and my nephew's birthday party in the evening, which I will have to take both kids by myself again. That ought to be interesting. I will definetly pull out the mei tai.


1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hi girlie! So totally hippie!! I can't wait to meet the little girl! I can't believe she's 12 pounds! That's crazy! Anyway, I'm glad things are going well and when I get a moment to catch my breath I want to come see you!