Monday, September 8, 2008

RMSF

What is RMSF you ask? Well...it's Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. OMG. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Kids get so freaking sick from RMSF. One of my worst fears has come to be. It was bound to happen some time, but as cool as it has been I was hoping yesterday or today wouldn't be the day. I just found a TICK on Joe's belly - we went to my dad's farm yesterday (Sunday). Surprisingly, he let me pull it off with little to no battle, and also let me do a thorough tick check , but now I need to be on the lookout for fever, lethargy, and decreased intake, something quite common at this stage of the game.
Sorry no pictures lately. Haven't left the house much, and the house has been a mess - so haven't been motivated to take pics. The past couple of days I have tried to focus on completing tasks, such as cooking dinner and getting the kitchen somewhat cleaned while balancing needs of both kids. My main focus has been to ensure I am eating lots of protein/ meeting nutritional needs and drinking lots of water to keep up my milk supply, and paying equal amounts of attention to both kids. And basically, to relax as much as possible and not get overwhelmed, which I tend to do quite easily.
Tonight David has gone back to work. Right now baby girl is asleep, I think, and Joe and I are watching tennis. Charlotte seems to be growing like a weed, and has outgrown a few 0-3 month sleepers. She is such a sweet baby, we love her so much. She does have a fussy period usually 9pm -12am, but once she goes to sleep, she sleeps for 3 1/2 to 5 hours, and during the day eats every 2-3 hours (the majority of the time). As for Joseph, he still clings to daddy, but I am hoping the return to a normal bedtime and "mommy governed" schedule will reduce his whining. I am going to try to get some simple newborn pics of baby girl this week, and am looking forward to gymnastics for Joseph.

No comments: