Monday, September 1, 2008

Dynamic State of Change

I haven't posted for the past week because family life and everyone's moods are in a constant state of change. Charlotte may have a couple good days of breastfeeding followed by a bad night. But the majority of the time she is a mellow, sweet, cuddle bug of a baby. I just love to sit and hold her. Joseph seems to want as little to do with me as possible, and when he seems interested in his sister he ends up assaulting her. One minute I think everything is easy breezy followed by feelings of being overwhelmed, and wondering how in the hell I am going to function in the evenings when David goes back to work.
Tuesday, we headed to Village West, and walked around more than expected. I definetly over did it. Wednesday, I cleaned up the kids and try to get some good sibling/newborn pics. A very unsuccessful adventure. Basically, I tried too hard to get the perfect picture, so I decided to just give up for the time being.
Saturday, we had David's side of the family over for dinner because my sister in law was home from Boston. Sunday, we packed up the family and went to my mom's house, and both kids behaved nicely. I guess behaved nicely with the exception of Joe falling down some stairs onto a tile floor, and only wanted "daddy". It used to be me that he called out for when he was upset. And then as we walked out to the car, and David carried the baby in the carseat, Joe melted down crying "mommy hold Charlotte" because that's what he always says whenever Dave holds the baby, and then Joe refuses to let me hold him or carry him or strap him in the carseat.
So basically you are left with a hodge podge of pics. Oh and baby girl is now two weeks old. It is going by way too fast.
This pic is probably before the one week flower pics.

Baby girl out to eat for the first time. I love her spiky hair, with chubby cheeks.


Joe at The Jazz.



This is typical of Joe at the Legends. He loves the fountain, but what he really loves is playing in the dirt and landscaping. Here he is playing with some random kid who was sitting at the bench next to us.




My naive attempt at capturing quality newborn pics of Charlotte.


See what I mean. Who thought it would be so difficult?

Joe's pics turned out nice, but baby girl looks, well, "a little funny".

BROTHERLY LOVE










No comments: