Monday, November 24, 2008

Emeril's nuts

It's funny that Valerie just asked me for the spiced nuts recipe that I made two years ago. Because I just splurged on some pecans and almonds at the store so I could make some in the next week or so. So I thought I would post it. These nuts have just a little bit of heat, but are oh so yummy.
Emeril's Spiced Nuts - Ummm, ummm I mean some nuts that he adds spices to. Ha Ha!
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups unsalted mixed nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and almonds
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Mix spices and reserve.


Directions
Heat the nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to toast, about 4 minutes. Add the butter and cook, stirring, until the nuts begin to darken, about 1 minute. Add the spices, the sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and the salt and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and the nuts are glazed, about 5 minutes.
Remove the nuts from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating them with a fork. Let the nuts stand until cooled and the sugar has hardened, about 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Awesome!! Thanks so much. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!