Thursday, November 13, 2008

Must Love Milk

Well, I guess I won't be posting weekly recipes. It seemed pointless, to post recipes from other blogs when I could simply link them. But, since I love to cook and bake, I thought I would post periodic tips, tricks and simple recipes. Since I do not have a functioning dishwasher, I like to keep my meals/recipes simple. The less dishes the better. So this morning I tried out a little tip that I saw on a Rachel Ray promo on the Food Network. Simply add peanut butter to pancake mix. I used Bisquick pancake mix and mixed as directed. Then I melted, we'll say, maybe two tablespoons of PB and added to the pancake mix.
You know to filp the pancakes once the top side starts to bubble. Right, you do know that don't you? Ok good, just checking. Well, because these pancakes are so thick, they do not bubble much. At this point I flipped these bad boys and they were fine.

See. Amazing. So thick and fluffy. Just wait till you get to eat these.


For the topping. Just melt some jelly with a little bit of water - to thin it out.



Ladies and gentlemen....I promise these are the fluffiest, thickest and most creamy pancakes you will ever eat. Or at least the fluffiest, thickest and most creamy pancakes we will make in our little, middle of America kitchens. And you must consume with milk.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to melt jelly for a pancake syrup. I'll absolutely do that next time. Joe is actually the pancake maker in our house. He prides himself on that fact too, but I will tell him about your peanut butter tip.
PS I imagine your cookbook is waiting for me at the post office when I get home!

Anonymous said...

Yep, we'll be trying that one, pancakes are a great dinner around here too, these sound rich enough to not have to cook too much else 'breakfast' dinner things - just the cakes mam! Love from us!A.Vonnie/gang