Thursday, November 6, 2008

HOLA

Long time no see. I guess I got a little preoccupied with the whole car thing. I was pretty stressed about finding a nice, safe family car, while staying within a budget. Not to mention we had a short time in which to accomplish this. I can say that car shopping this time around was much easier with internet access. We found a used, cute, immaculate Subaru Outback. I always feel guilty deriving pleasure from "things", but I really love my new car. It is so perfect for our little family right now.
Since I haven't posted for quite sometime, I thought I would update you on each kiddo.
Joe's potty training has been going very well. We have had only one "accident" in the last three weeks, and he is wearing underwear during his naps. We have yet to master pulling our pants up and down, but he is making progress.
We have stopped going to gymnastics. I felt like he really didn't have any fun when he was there. All he wanted to do was play with this big alphabet floor puzzle, which really wasn't worth a thirty minute drive. Since he is so musically inclined we are going to try a music class at the beginning of the year.
Lastly, many of you know that Joe was a very late walker (18 months), and that my mom has always thought that Joe had weak ankles, and that I should have them checked out. I figured he just wasn't an adventurous toddler, and didn't push himself to be active. But in the last month he has fallen several times. The falls seem very benign, basically just a light trip and fall, but he will fall in such a way that he won't bare weight on his right ankle for at least thirty minutes following the fall, and then limps around for the next day or two. This has happened, at least, on three different occassions. We have an appointment with our pediatrician on Monday. I am not sure if I will push for an ortho visit, I guess it will depend on what our doc says.

Little girl is just trucking along. I remember Joe being a really sweet, well tempered baby. But I think Charlotte is even more sweet tempered. She really only cries when she is tired. She eats well, sleeps well, and loves to cuddle. I love to take naps with her. She has the most adorable smile. And she loves the little characters, a frog and a monkey, on her bouncy. She just smiles at them and flails her arms and legs. I call them her "little friends". Breastfeeding seems to be going well. I am not sure that she is gaining weight like Joe did, but she's happy, and she's definetly not losing weight. I am just now mentally prepping myself for heading back to work.
As for our unruly neighbors, in the last week they have moved out/been evicted and the apartment building is now for sale. Things have been quiet. I like quiet.

No comments: