Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Complete

Well, today I am feeling much, much, much better. I finally got to eat this morning, and take a shower. It's so daunting right after having a baby. Initially, you can't take care of yourself, and you've just brought this new life into the world, in which you are responsible for but can't take care of. Needless to say I am starting to feel more capable-as long as I have Percocet on board.
I titled this entry "Complete" because I have this euphoric feeling that our family is now complete, and a whole new part of life has begun. Yesterday, my dad brought Joseph up to the hospital, and I was so surprised at Joseph's reaction to Charlotte. I thought initially Joseph would just ignore baby girl, but he seemed totally enamored with her. He kept asking to see her feet and belly button. He tried to pick her up saying, "Joe carry Charlotte" and he sat on the bed leaned up against me, and next to her with his "B" blanket resting on her legs. He did poke at her eyes and nose, but not aggressively. Today Dave went home for the afternoon, and will bring Joe up after his nap and stay for the evening. Hopefully we can have our first meal together as a family. Thank you to my Dad for staying with Joe for the past two and half days, especially when he didn't feel well. As for more pictures they will have to wait until we get home because of the hospital internet connection.
Also, thank you to everyone who came to see us yesterday. It felt so good to see our friends and family, and share our new baby girl. We just love her so much, the second she arrived I couldn't imagine life without her.

No comments: