Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nesting

Well, at this point I am pretty sure I'm nesting. I don't really remember nesting with Joseph, I guess just getting married was nesting enough for me at the time. Ha Ha! But this time around I have cleaned out and organized the car, all of the baby clothes -including the 3-6 month and 6-9 month. I have cleaned out all of my dishes, cleaning products, Joe's clothes, my clothes, Joe's toys, I am now tackling ominous laundry (which is my least favorite), stocking up on things like cleaning products, toilet paper, paper towels, and starting to plan a menu for at least the first week, and made a few minor changes to the blog. I wanted to totally overhaul the background, but I am looking for just the right color schemes. So it will most likely wait until fall.
I have been pretty good about not splurging with the baby, but below you will see a pic of my most recent purchase. I stumbled upon this website called ETSY (don't know if anyone has heard of it) where people sell handmade items. They sell anything from jewelry, clothes, baby items, toys, home decor, books, stationery. It reminds me of a little boutique. It is the coolest website. Anyway, I just happened to find this mobile, and thought how classic, simple and beautiful, and perfect to go above the baby's bed. This mother of two makes these pinwheel mobiles, and even does custom orders. I went with the one pictured because the room will be a celery green, with ladybug bedding so the red and polka dots are perfect. I have posted a link to ETSY on the side of the blog. Plus she is sending me lots of business cards for all of my pregnant friends. Hope to post some pics by Friday. I am taking Joe to playgroup tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and a family get together on Thursday night, to go through my grandma's family photos. I have three more shifts at work before maternity leave, and I am hoping to take off 14 weeks. Fall is my favorite time of year, so my head is swimming with all of the things I want to do together as a family. If anyone ever says your life is over when you have children, they are sadly mistaken. It is just beginning!

No comments: